NEW GOLF REGULATIONS
The announcement from Governor Wolf to reopen golf courses comes with guidelines and restrictions to remain safe as we continue to fight COVID-19. Be sure that before coming to Northwinds you are following the Stay at Home requirements that have been in place since March 19. Below are the guidelines listed from the Governor’s website as of April 27, 2020 as well as guidelines for Northwinds.
- Stay close to home: Pennsylvanians are encouraged to enjoy permitted outdoor recreational activities within their community and avoid crowding popular destinations.
- Practice social distancing: Maintain the recommended minimum 6 feet apart from fellow recreationists. Pennsylvanians are also encouraged to wear a mask or protective garment that covers the nose and mouth any time they go outside. If a parking lot at a park is full or there are too many people on the same trail, find an alternate place to recreate. Cross the street to avoid running directly past another runner or wait longer at a golf hole for a fellow golfer to move forward.
- Minimize risk to others: Individuals should only go out if they feel healthy and have not been exposed to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Practice good hygiene: Wash hands often with soap and warm water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use a hand sanitizer containing at least 60 percent alcohol. Avoid surfaces that are touched often, such as doorknobs and handrails.
- Have a plan: Create a safety plan before heading outdoors. Explain to children the need to keep their distance from others, even if they happen to see a friend while outside. Discuss with partners, social distancing while on the golf course. Think through how to avoid other runners when waiting to safely cross a street at the same time.
Northwinds, along with all golf courses need to change the way we operate in order to keep our employees and golfers safe. Below are the new operational guidelines to provide a safe round that must be followed.
* All players must keep 6 ft. apart at all times. Social distancing is required at all times. Be sure to give any course maintenance workers at minimum 6 ft distance.
* Golf carts must be single occupant. The exception to this rule would be if the golfers are from the same household. Golfers can not place their bags on carts until given specific direction from staff. Sanitized carts will be parked in a specific area. Upon completion of your round, you must remove all rubbish and personal items before parking the cart in the return area. Used carts must remain separate from clean and sanitized cars.
* Tee times are required. Due to single occupancy carts, we must know the exact number of players in order to schedule accurately throughout the day.
* No large gatherings at any time. Upon arrival be sure to remain 6 ft. from other patrons in parking lot, cart area, service window, etc.
* Payment with a credit card. Scheduling online tee times will require payment. To eliminate another high touch area, credit cards are the preferred payment. We have different options, online, calling when you arrive to pay while remaining in your vehicle, placing your credit card on file and through the service window. (MEMBERS, please be sure the pro shop has the email you use to create your online account. That email identifies your profile to charge member pricing)
* Pro Shop/Clubhouse is closed. Portable toilets can be used that are located on the golf course. Be sure to have hand sanitizer or wipes with you. (This may change with more information)
* No touch golf rules apply. Flagsticks must remain in the hole. Cups will be blocked so golf balls do not fall in to eliminate high touch areas. All bunker rakes and ball washers can not be used.